Mohair shares all of the good qualities that we know from wool: It is warm, beautiful and can absorb moisture, which makes it comfortable to wear. Mohair comes from the angora goat, and the fibres are more lustrous and slightly stronger than those of wool. Silk has for centuries been one of the most coveted textile fibres. It is lustrous, strong and incredibly comfortable to wear.
Tilia is a gorgeous mix of glossy mulberry silk sorrounded by a cloud of the lightest kid mohair. On the technical side Tilia is a fine, worsted spun and brushed yarn.You can of course knit Tilia on its own, but we recommend knitting it together with one of our other yarns. Arwetta, Saga and Indiecita are wonderful held together with Tilia.
Did you know that the goat is called an agora goat because it originates from the Ankara region of Turkey? That the word "mohair" has arabic roots, and that the angora goat is sometimes called also the mohair goat as well.
Tilia comes in 35 colors.
Materiaal : 70% Kid Mohair - 30% Silk
Yarn Unit : 25 g balls
Meterage : 210 m/25 g
Wash : Handwash
- Tilia - Camel 203€ 9,75
- Tilia - Vintage Rose 373€ 9,75
- Tilia - Flamingo 370€ 9,75
- Tilia - Chinese Red 218€ 8,75
- Tilia - Sienna 350€ 9,75
- Tilia - Red Squirrel 352€ 9,75
- Tilia - Mustard 136€ 9,75
- Tilia - Caramel 363€ 9,75
- Tilia - Winter Peach 341€ 9,75
- Tilia - Autumn Leaves 362€ 9,75
- Tilia - Madeira Rose 361€ 9,75
- Tilia - Azalea 360€ 9,75
- Tilia - French Vanilla 196€ 9,75
- Tilia - Limelight 255€ 9,75
- Tilia - Banana 211€ 9,75
- Tilia - Meadow 326€ 9,75